Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Cookie Countdown...

I am way into cookies right now, making them gets me in the Christmas mood, my kids think it is so fun and it's equally relaxing for me and so I have decided you guys got to make them too! I'm going to post my favorites, a cookie recipe each day, until Christmas [at least that's my goal]. Get ready to add these to your box, they are all out-of-this-world good. To start things off with a bang, let's go for the good stuff---peanut butter & chocolate!

Double Peanut Butter & Brittle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who would have thought...yummy peanut brittle in a cookie? Genius!
Ingredients
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup margarine or butter (softened)
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 pound peanut-brittle candy, coarsely chopped *I found brittle by the pound at my grocery store.
8 oz or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add the egg, mix well. Add extract. In small bowl mix together flour, salt & soda. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour and mix just until blended. Add brittle pieces and if you want add the chocolate chips, otherwise it’s still a great peanut butter cookie. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies 10 minutes or until lightly browned, cool about 30 seconds and then with a heavy glass lightly tap the tops of each cookie mashing it down a bit. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets on wire racks then with pancake turner, remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

oh how i heart all of your recipes! no wonder everyone talks about holiday weight gain! all the delicious treats. i have a super yummy cookie recipe that i just made and they were a hit with everyone. chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies, oh my, i think i need to go eat one now.....when they are gone i will for sure be making your cookies. YUM!
PS. still waiting patiently for that email with instructions, can't you tell my blog page needs a little surgery? maybe i'll give you my password and you can just help me with it?! :}

Jennie Minor said...

Yea!!! I am going to check everyday for new cookie recipes so I can make some for the little neighbor kids that come to my house...one question though...how do you stay so skinny if you make cookies all the time? If I do this, I may gain the dreaded holiday weight!!! ahhh