Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

8 hour delay (w/ 2-year-old)


This lovely site is the scene of a funny, yet painful story. Brody and I headed back to New York from St. George and caught the 7am flight from Las Vegas on Tuesday. Our lay over in Newark was only supposed to be about an hour and a half, but thanks to the lovely east coast weather that day everything was either delayed or cancelled. Luckily, we only waited 5 hours in the airport and 3 on the tarmack! That's the painful part...the funny thing is when I was sitting next to this lady waiting she was on her cell phone and I overheard her tell the person on the line that she was gazing out the window at the New York City skyline, my first thought was that she was nuts or trying to get the person she was talking to believe she was somewhere else, but when she got off the phone and I asked how close NYC was, she pointed out the window and there it was~! WOW! I couldn't believe it...it was Manhattan--complete with the distinct empire state building, she even pointed out the gap in buildings where the twin towers used to be. Even though it was cloudy and rainy I thought the gray skies made it all that much more beautiful.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Rachel said...

CRAP! That is the worst story ever! Thank goodness you didn't have all 2 kiddos! Way cool pics. you got though!