Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Smile or not to smile?



















Yesterday I got my passport pictures, I went to France just before Bryan and I got engaged so mine just expired and this was for my renewal with my married name. Anyways, the picture turned out not so cute, which is very important [okay not really] but since you have this thing for 10 years and all it seemed to be for the moment. I know, infact I double checked my last passport and yes, I am smiling. And this time as I waited for her to snap the picture---I did the regular, I’m-a-nice-person-so-let-me-go-back-to-my-own-country, please-CHEESE!-smile and to my surprise the nice old lady said – ‘you can’t smile, dear’. Say what? ‘The government won’t accept it if you’re smiling’ 'The government doesn't want us to be happy, dear' I looked at her and waited for her to say she was kidding, but no she was dead serious. I told her in my last passport I am smiling, but she still insists telling me it pretty much needs to look like I'm in a mug shot. Anyways, so I got my non smiling-I’m-going-to-bomb-your-country-because-I am-not-a-smiling-happy-person and left. To make matters worse, this sweet, kind OLD lady says as she cuts out my picture to the required 2x2 size ‘oh, it’s been bugging me, but I just realized who you look like! Okay guys this is good, wait for it----'Paris Hilton!’ Oh really lady? THAT is NOT a compliment! And by the way, doesn’t Paris have a mug shot?

8 comments:

Jennie Minor said...

LOL! Okay I don't think you look like Paris. You are WAY CUTER than her. I just got my passport (about 2 yrs ago) and I am smiling like a crazy person cause I was so excited to be going somewhere. Such a funny story, I was laughing so hard, thanks!

[BrookeO] said...

YOu have got to be kidding me!!! I need to hear this story over the phone! It got me thinking, in my passport pic I am blonde but now I couldn't be more NOT blonde...is this going to be a problem?!!! ...oh and I am smiling, great! (don't tell the already paranoid husband-please! )

Natalie said...

Ya well I got Anna Nicole! NOT HAPPY about that one!!!! They could at least be nice and say someone who isn't so Ronchy. sp?? Anyway, your pic looks much better.

Carrie said...

Seriously, you do not look like her. I'm your friend and I'm being totally honest. Your so beautiful,naturally.

April said...

ok, so you totally have the same pose as paris in that pic! That's hilarious! K, and you are so dang pretty! I want to redo my picture - it was taken 6 weeks after I had a baby and I have the fattest face in the universe. Ugh!

Emmett and Ashlee said...

I love the new pictures of your kids. Great work. They are getting so dang big. Your Paris story was great. I was cracking up.

Anonymous said...

ok now I want to see a picture of THAT LADY! um yeah you DON'T look like a too-much-makeup plastic blonde (aka paris). at all. i would have told her she needed glasses!

April said...

You make a strong argument for looking like Paris with that picture, but I never would have thought that otherwise. Good point about the passport photo, mine is SO BAD! Oh well, I can get a new one real soon, like 5 years.