Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Week in review + what we're up to...

I was quite worried as last week started out not so great that it might keep turning into a disaster, let me explain... First, I was munching on some candy and broke off half my (mucho mula) crown on a molar I kind of need. It will have to wait, our dental plan is not our best asset. Bryan's car wouldn't start (kind of like last month!) and I've had to drive him to work at 4:3o AM in +/- 20 degree weather.  He was on call EVERY night this week (trust me, not fun), meaning our lovely evening out Friday with the kids at the pizza place + movies where we saw BOLT (which was GREAT by the way) was interrupted by our arch enemy "the pager" so the kids + I ate the pizza ourselves while Bryan went to go check out a paralyzed patient after which we walked in 20 minutes late for the movie. I also had to go get him each night when he was ready to come home, one night at 1 AM then waking up four hours later to take him back (not so fun anytime, but especially so when preggo + playing single mom, my eyes were burning pretty much all week). Talk about marital bonding, made me in awe even more that he can stand that life. Okay, done ranting about the woes, here is the good stuff...

Gingerbread Pinwheel Cookies: You can get the recipe HERE.
I'm making them this afternoon for tonight's FHE. We'll be talking about last night's First Presidency message + Bryan's really wants to read them the Christmas Carol, especially since last week we visited Skaneatles Lake where they hold the Dicken's festival + as we posed for a picture with Jacob Harley the kids had no idea who this man dressed in chains carrying a money box was. It will be great to explain, next year they will get it!
Yesterday Taylor wore a big fancy red dress, I love December for the dressing up  and so I thought I'd post her "princess hair" we put together, you can duplicate the look with these steps here:



































Right before church I whipped up one of these brooches to put on the shrug for her red dress. They are SUPER easy!  

You can download the flower template here.   As well as easy to follow step by step instructions here.

I'll be posting step by steps for the barrettes soon!

Bryan + I enjoyed a great evening out on Saturday night. We had a sitter come + we went to the Orthopaedic Dept Christmas party. Shrimp, steak + feta sandwiches + petite gourmet desserts were divine. It was fun to catch up with all the residents + meet some people I guess in the three and half years I've missed. All I can say is it was just nice to be out of the house with my hubby, chatting with adults + eating yummy food.

















 

















The kids were part of a fabulous church nativity last night put together by some of the best leaders, I swear, the talent - I've said it before - they are amazing!  Taylor was an angel (great way to use that baptism dress twice!), Connor a shepherd.

All in front of a beautiful, freshly painted Jerusalem night sky made from recycled bed linens. 


*Gotta go, Taylor's school just called, she is in the nurse's office with a goopy eye + sore throat. We just have a knack for starting off the week right don't we?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I will have to try those gingerbread cookies. Grant loves gingerbread. I made your cottage cheese enchiladas last week and boy were they good. Sounds like you've had some rough days there. Hang in there..the holiday break is yet to come. It's going to be a blast.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh man, where is my phone call.
What a week.
Oh Tay, Tay...she always is getting something. Urgh!
Love her hair do --- and the whipped up accessory I swear how???

I still want to see her hair cut down ---
PS you buying club penguin for DS for kiddos ???

Kristal said...

Man, oh, man! Good thing you are a healthy mamma to keep up with all that! Get that tooth fixed as soon as you can so you stay healthy...if you get laid up who's going to do all that awesome stuff?

Lacey said...

Oh wow!! I hope this week goes better for you....and I sure hope Brian's car gets fixed!! It's bad enough to have to go out that early or late....but in that kind of cold!! I don't know how you do it! Luvs!

Rob and Juliann said...

I haven't blogstalked you in a while. Good thing I noticed your going private! Add me, Add me! julesdianne@hotmail.com

Alisha said...

Sorry you are having a bad week! I hope Tay feels better and you can contain it to the least amount of family members. Matt has the stomach flu and hopefully we won't get it. I love how you say "I just whipped these together before church" I'm lucky we get to church all dressed and on time and it starts at 10!

The Larson's said...

What a week for sure!! You are such a trooper! I would have been complaining the whole time! Can you add me to your list since you are going private? Can't wait to hear the news on what you are having. I wish that you were my mom and I could eat all the good stuff that you cook :)!

Stephanie said...

Residency. Residency. Oh. Residency. I thought you left weeks like that here in NH.

Andrews Family said...

Jaime...I love that you know just how to say things the way they are-I love reading your blog!!!...and I especially love how you share so many FUN ideas and things to do. Thanks for not keeping these wonderful things secret. I wished we lived closer!!!...maybe one day!

Anna said...

You need a vacation!

AmberS said...

I tried the cookies and your yummy apple cider drink from a previous post and they were both very good. Thanks for the great ideas.

AmberS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.