Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

thanks.

So back to the great weekend we had with my family!
They came even though it looked like this...

While we waited for their arrival we prepared for the dinner table:
They came + we were so excited!
We all pitched in to make the meal.
Our menu:
Maple + Apricot Roast Turkey
Raspberry Cranberry sauce
Green beans + dried onions
Cornbread + sausage stuffing
Rainbow Jello
Mashed potatoes + gravy
Homemade crescent rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Oreo Pie


After the meal we rode up to Basalt to watch "Tangled". Perfect Thanksgiving Day!

The next day, most of us skied while some of us played in the snow...

Tay, Kel, Connor + me

But my favorite part had to be when Kel got stuck in her coat...Saturday we went to the US Woman's World Cup races up the street. We enjoyed free yummy food + sunshine.

We also:
Watched Home Alone 2, Star Trek (the new one), Dad + I ran up to Costco to grab my "Black Friday" of a deal vacuum with the little cousins, we shopped at the thrift shop, rode in the basket of a snow cat, dressed like indians during our meal (thanks Kel!), made sock monkeys (thanks again Kel - this was a BIG hit) and I'm sure there was more I'm forgetting, but they have to come back soon because we still have to fit in ice skating + sledding + all the other things we didn't have time to do!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Such a fun trip and perfect thanksgiving!!!!
So happy we braved the "blizzard" and came!!!!
I'm stealing some of these pics. :)

Kristin said...

Hi Jamie, I'm a friend of Brooke's, the one that is in Spokane and my husband is a Sports Ortho too. We love it here and I'd love to answer any questions you have. We just finished this July, and started in Aug, so we haven't been here long but have enjoyed every minute of it so far. Email me at wallacekristin@yahoo.com and I'll try my best to answer any questions. Congrats, the last year is the hardest, cause you can see the light at the end of the tunnel so clearly it almost hurts your eyes.